Saturday, February 12, 2011

Homemade Banana Pancakes

Homemade Banana Pancakes
  
      I called my mom a few weeks ago and said, "I have conquered the pancake". Banana pancakes that is!   OK, OK.  I know that is a big statement, but hear me out.  I didn't announce that to sound full of myself, but more to say I have created a 1 point pancake that my kids and I love.  Yes, a fluffy, deliciously golden, 1 point pancake!!!  Woo Hoo!  I know, only you WW people really understand.
     These deliciously fluffy flapjacks are low in fat, but have full on flavor.  I always make extra so my kids can pop them in the toaster oven during the week for a quick homemade breakfast.

21 Servings 1/8 C. = 1 WW pp each
11 Servings 1/4 C. = 2 WW pp each
I know it is an odd serving size but that is what I came up!

Ingredients:  


1 1/2 C. all purpose flour
2 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp.sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 C. skim milk, add a little more if you like them thinner
1 large ripe banana, mashed
2-3 tsp. butter, for the griddle

Directions:
  • Place heat proof plate in oven and turn it on the warm setting or about 200 degrees.
  • Heat a well seasoned cast iron griddle or non stick skillet on med/high.  Spread 2-3 tsp. butter on griddle.
  • Pour 1/8 - 1/4 C. batter on hot griddle.  When the bubbles rise and start to pop flip the flapjack.  It should be golden brown.  Cook approximately 1 more minute.
  • Place in the oven to keep warm while you finish making the rest of the pancakes.  
Homemade Banana Pancakes
 Serve these with a little butter, warm syrup and fresh fruit for a seemingly sinfully, delicious breakfast treat.

Enjoy!

No comments: