|Melt in your Mouth Mini Meat Loaves|
"Sweet, I love meatloaf!" That is what my oldest son said this morning after I told him what we were having for dinner. It was music to my ears. As a kid I hated meatloaf. There was something about a large mound of dry meat that you had to slather with ketchup that left something to be desired. Well, big boring loaf no more! May I present the mini meatloaf. It's loaded with flavor and will melt in your mouth. A simple recipe with classic ingredients that is easy and delicious. A few years ago my mother found this recipe so I have to give credit to her for changing my mind. It may just change yours too!
WW Pts. + = 7 points
|Melt in you Mouth Mini Meat Loaves|
- 1 1/2 lbs. 85 % lean ground beef
- 3/4 C. sweet onions, diced
- 1 - 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 C. plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 C. ketchup
- 1/2 C. skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. dry onion soup mix
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
This should be enough to brush on loaves twice!
1/4 C. ketchup
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like it.
- Pre - heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Saute onions until soft on medium.
- In the meantime combine ground beef and egg in a large bowl and mix well.
|Glaze added to Melt in your Mouth Mini Meat Loaves|
- Add bread crumbs, sauteed onions, ketchup, skim milk, onions soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the beef and egg mixture. Time to get down and dirty!! Get your clean hands in the bowl and mix well.
- Divide into 9 equal miniature loaves.
- Spray a large baking dish or 9" x 13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Divide mixture into 9 miniature loaves and brush on glaze.
- Cook 18 - 25 minutes. Brush on remaining glaze in the last 3-5 minutes. Note: (The original recipe called for 4 larger loaves to be baked for 25 -30 minutes. I expected these to cook a lot faster than 25 minutes. My oven cooks slightly hot but they still took almost 23 minutes before the glaze. This is a very moist meatloaf but I recommend checking occasionally to get desired firmness.
|Melt in your Mouth Mini Meat Loaf with Roasted Asparagus and Garlic Mashed Potatoes|