This dip is quick and easy. It makes a great snack with pitas or veggies or is the perfect finish to a gyro. The best part is that it is guilt free! Why you ask...because my culinary friends, it is made with one of my favorite things...Greek yogurt. It is fat-free and loaded with protein. I use Greek yogurt for everything from smoothies to baking and love it! So, whip up something guilt free and leave me a post. I love new ideas!
Note: In this particular batch I added 1 Tbsp of fresh dill in and a finely diced green onion. Hence the specks! The green onion isn't traditional at least I don't think, but I love them and had a bunch so I threw it in. The dill was a nice addition too, but I like it without just as much.
Servings. 32 (Tbsp.)
WW Points Plus: 1 Tbsp. = 0 pp
2 Tbsp. - 1/4 C. = 1 pp
2 Cups Greek yogurt, I use FAGE 0%
1 cucumber, seeded
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, (about 1/2 lemon)
1 tsp.kosher salt
1 Tbsp. fresh dill - if desired
1 green onion, diced finely- if desired
- Place a coffee filter or paper towel in a metal strainer over a bowl. Place yogurt in filter and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for several hours to over night. This will allow the water to drain.
- Peel a large regular cucumber and slice in half. Take a spoon and scoop out the seeds.
- Grate entire cucumber (I like to use a fine microplane).
- Squeeze the cucumber in your hands or in a clean dish towel to get the excess water out. (Very important!)
- In a medium bowl place yogurt, cucumber, pressed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
- That's it, you are done now. No, really, you can serve it up and chow down!