Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Berry Banana Mango Smoothie

Strawberry Banana Mango Smoothie
  
    I don't like to waste, especially fruit.  We spend a lot of money on fruit and it really irks me when something goes bad and I have to throw it out.  This recipe is my solution for those browning bananas (besides banana bread or muffins), slightly wilted strawberries or over-ripe mango.  I simply freeze the fruit and use it later.  I always clean and slice the fruit and lay it in a single layer in a zipped gallon sized bag.  I then lay the bag flat on a cookie sheet and pop into the freezer.  This is so the fruit doesn't clump together as it is freezing.  Once it is frozen you can take out the cookie sheet.
   Over-ripe, frozen fruit, especially bananas, sweetens up the smoothie and gives this healthy treat a thicker creamier consistency than fresh fruit.  My husband loves this snack because it is guilt free and very filling.  This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.


Servings = 2 
WW Pts. + = 2 




Ingredients:
1/2 C. fat free Greek yogurt (I like Fage 0% or Chobani)
1 C. skim milk
1/2 C. frozen banana slices
1/2 C. frozen strawberries
1/4 C. frozen mango chunks
  
I also love to make sunrise smoothies with frozen bananas, pineapple and fresh squeezed orange juice.  Any combination of your favorite fruit will work.  

  • Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well. 
Enjoy!

No comments: